Search Our Jobs
Physician Assistant- Same Day Pediatrics Clinic (On-Call)Job ID REQ-2023-2379 Omaha, Nebraska
In a career as a Physician Assistant- Same Day Pediatrics Clinic, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide perform medical services to patients under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician who is responsible for the performance of the physician assistant. Perform related administrative and non- medical patient care services as directed by supervising physician.
Locations: Pacific Street Clinic
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Performs medical services, if authorized by the supervising physician, in one or more of the following areas: a) diagnostic services; b) continuing medical care; c) rehabilitation; or d) health maintenance.
- Performs any other diagnostic and therapeutic procedure as previously authorized by the supervising physician.
- Keeps complete records of all events and results of encounters with patients.
- Attends appropriate committee meetings and educational functions of BTNRH, as required.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Bachelor of Science degree and graduate of an AMA approved Physician's Assistant program required.
Current Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), and current PA license to practice in the State of Nebraska required.
Current BLS certification required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.