Search Our Jobs
Pharmacy Technician (Part-Time)Job ID 17140 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Pharmacy Technician, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you're responsible supporting the pharmacist by performing technical and clerical tasks in the pharmacy.
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours a week, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM Thursday and Friday, 7:30 AM-4:00 PM
- Orders pharmaceuticals as directed by the pharmacist.
- Prepares and labels medications for dispensing by the pharmacist.
- Transports medications to the nursing units and satellite clinics.
- Performs stocking and cleaning of automated dispensing devices.
- Performs audits for the pharmacist.
- Prepares reports for the pharmacist.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the pharmacy.
- Reads and transcribes physician handwritten orders and documentation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a pharmacy technician or relevant experience (hospital pharmacy technician experience preferred
- Must be a registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Nebraska
- National or State Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT), required
- Must maintain a high level of patient confidientiality.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 17th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.