Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Payroll SpecialistJob ID 5951698 Date posted 10/11/2017
CLOSING DATE: posted through October 18, 2017 or until filled
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Receives, processes, and maintains records for payroll related data.
o Reviews Personnel Action Forms (PAF's) to determine what fields in the system need to be updated and keys those changes; maintains records for verification.
o Completes payroll duties including calculating retroactive pay, maintaining shift differential information, and processing payroll and manual checks.
o Reviews address changes to ensure that employees are taxed in compliance with their employment and residence locations; reviews and enters changes to credit union, charitable donations, direct deposit, and other deductions, and for calculation of pension benefits.
o Provides salary information for unemployment insurance and workers compensation claims; collects payroll information in response to subpoenas.
o Processes payments for various payroll deductions and remits payments for child support and garnishments, responds to interrogatories for garnishments and levies, and sets up appropriate deductions and tracks withholding.
o Reviews time and attendance reports and calculates regular and overtime pay; audits time entry information for discrepancies, communicates with timekeepers to correct discrepancies, and responds to questions regarding any time entry issues.
o Serves as a backup to other departmental personnel as needed.
o Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
o Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
Supports other members of the management team and their work
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• Associate's degree in accounting or a related field is preferred.
• 1 year of experience, preferably in a multi-state payroll environment.
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to payroll.
• High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word and the ability to learn and use various software programs.
• Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.