Search Our Jobs
Part Time Gift Shop Clerk & GuideJob ID 17293 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Part-Time Gift Shop Clerk & Guide, you play a significant role in the success of our mission and the brand of our organization. You will be part of the team that brings the vision and strategy behind the Boys Town name to life. This means telling the story of where we started 100 years ago and what brought us to where we are today. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: The schedule for this position is 20-25 hours (exact days worked are flexible). 2-3 Weekends per month and some holidays will be required. The Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Saturday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and Sunday from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Schedules and conducts tours for visitors, assists with mail orders, and works in the gift shop.
- Takes reservations for guided tours and furnishes a self-guided CD for use on the tour; prepares visitor packets for tours and follows up with thank you card.
- Conducts tours, communicates Boys Town history and points of interest and answers questions related to the tour and Boys Town.
- Coordinates schedule with other tours to ensure that tour paths do not intersect, keeps tours on schedule and arranges lunch for tour groups.
- Balances mail orders with payments received and packs and sends out mail orders.
- Opens gift shop, stocks and sells merchandise, greets visitors, monitors the shop during business hours, inventories merchandise, arranges displays, and interacts with customers. Handles cash transactions and performs light cleaning functions.
- Serves as reference source for visitors and callers, reviews and responds to telephone messages, and redirects telephone calls to appropriate departments within Boys Town.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous work experience preferably to include customer service, retail, or tourism.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit-funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free prescriptions, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 10, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.