Search Our Jobs
Part-Time Bindery Production SpecialistJob ID 17909 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? We have an opportunity for a Part-Time (20 hours/week) Bindery Production Specialist, you play a significant role in the success of our mission and the brand of our organization. You will be part of the team that brings the vision and strategy behind the Boys Town name to life. This means telling the story of where we started 100 years ago and what brought us to where we are today. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Operate and maintains press production equipment.
- Utilizes post-press production equipment and converts electronic files to printable format and composes or modifies proofs and prepares digital files for use.
- Finishes printed jobs using bindery equipment including paper cutter, folder, collator, drill, coil inserter, tab cutter, and laminator for the purpose of meeting order requirements in the most cost-effective and viable manner.
- Organizes workflow to meet deadlines and processes printed materials in various stages of completion.
- Inspects completed jobs to ensure work meets specifications, quality standards, and quantity requirements.
- Prepares, sorts, stacks, and packs printed material and completed jobs for delivery ensuring items are packaged for safe transport and mail distribution.
- Troubleshoots minor machine repair and adjustment; dismantles and reassembles equipment or parts, using hand and power tools, to repair, maintain or adjust machine. Performs routine clean-up in bindery area.
- Provides administrative support as needed.
- Operates and maintains pre-press production equipment as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of experience, preferably including bindery equipment operation.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit-funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families, and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free prescriptions, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts, and advancement opportunities within the organization, to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.