Search Our Jobs
ParaprofessionalJob ID 19272 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as a Paraprofessional, you provide students with the opportunity they have been waiting for. Someone to believe in their education. Youth come here from across the country. Urban neighborhoods ​overcome by gang violence and rural towns torn apart by drug addiction, lacking many of the advantages other students take for granted. Yet here they are, poised to one day walk across that stage, receive their diploma and enter adulthood armed with the skills and confidence to realize their potential. Their potential happens because of you.
Schedule: This is a 10-month/year position that will work full time Monday through Friday. Hours are 7:45a-3:45p with some flexibility.
- Assists teachers with both instructional and behavioral management duties and with the implementation of the Boys Town Education model.
- Attends in-service workshops and training programs to improve knowledge and skills.
- Conducts follow-up lessons that are initiated by teachers.
- Provides students with assistance on in-class work, with feedback on graded work, and with corrections to class work.
- Assists teachers in preparing student assignments, in grading student work, and when teaching to large groups of students.
- Supervises students during non-instructional periods.
- Demonstrates concern and respect for individual students and assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills growth of each student.
- Cares for student health and well-being during the school day and serves as a role model by exhibiting skills taught in the school program.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience, preferably in a school or youth care environment.
- Ability to successfully teach and present material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: 6/13/2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.