Overnight Youth Care Worker
CLOSING DATE: December 20th, 2018
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town is seeking a Youth Care Worker based in Omaha, Nebraska!
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetings and shift transition meetings
- Assists in processing documents for youth intake and departure, updates files and assists in the preparation of youth summaries and reports
- Observes and participates in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings
- Excellent No-Wait benefit package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; a 401K retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave
- Earn college credit towards a Human Services Related Associates or Bachelor’s Degree while working on the job
- Tuition Reimbursement and scholarships available
- Career advancement opportunities within the organization
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to pass a MVR Check
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends, and holidays. Typical shift is 10:00pm-6:00am
- Ability to pass a medical examination and a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.