Search Our Jobs
Overnight Program StaffJob ID 19225 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary : In a career as an Awake Overnight Youth Care Worker, you have the ability to impact a child’s life. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system and so on. You come in by giving youth the support they need during some of their most valuable hours into the night and responding to alarm calls at our residences. Starting Pay: $17.00/hour.
Schedule: This position is a PART TIME / Overnight hours. Must be available to work between 10:30pm-6:30am. *Will include working weekend shifts.
Work varied days (Week 1: 3 shifts, Week 2: 4 shifts)
Provides a safe environment through effective monitoring of the youth and the physical property during overnight hours.
- Monitors youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notifying appropriate staff when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions outside of scheduled working hours.
- Recognizes and prompts youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and available to work flexible hours.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 27, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.