Search Our Jobs
On-Call File ClerkJob ID 18169 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
In a career as an On-Call File Clerk on our Outreach & Admissions Team, you will play a key role in giving youth a second chance. In this role, you will file confidential information accurately and expediently. You will also find and retrieve files upon request and help provide administrative support. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Part-time, on-call, 10-20 hours per week, very flexible schedule. Monday-Friday between the hours of 7am-9pm, Weekends between the hours of 7am-7pm
- File and retrieve documents while maintaining neatly ordered filing systems; provides administrative support.
- Reviews materials to determine filing location and method.
- Creates new files and adds materials to existing files according to filing system; ensures files are readily accessible.
- Prepares, scans, and indexes documents into electronic format according to specifications; ensures accuracy and quality of the scanned documents.
- Keeps accurate records of materials checked out of files or file room; tracks information and ensures that borrowed files are returned.
- Assists with record keeping and data collection functions.
- Destroys files and confidential documents as needed based on established record retention guidelines.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support which may include data entry and reception desk coverage.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of previous experience in an office or file room setting is preferred.
- Ability to quickly and correctly sort documents or other relevant materials according to need, including chronological, numerical, or alphabetical order.
- Ability to apply knowledge of policies and procedures, and to accurately interpret information and give correct and consistent information upon request.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
About Boys Town:
Regardless of a person's background, race, or religion, Boys Town believes that everyone deserves the chance to reach their full potential. For 100 years, Boys Town has helped thousands of children and families. We don’t give up on kids and are committed to helping those who have failed in other systems. We do this by working to keep children and families safe, in their homes, in school, and out of the system. We give them the second chances they deserve. And we see the success of this work every day. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Date Posted: October 13, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.