Search Our Jobs
Neuroimaging Computing SpecialistJob ID REQ-2023-2660 Omaha, Nebraska
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assumes major responsibility for computer software (especially specialized neuroimaging software) and hardware installation, support, setup, troubleshooting, purchasing, Audio Visual needs, and development in a neuroscience focused Institute.
- Develop protocols for computing and neuroimaging system scheduling and use.
- Creates and maintains database information and is responsible for data management, including working with lab directors and their staff to fulfill federal data sharing requirements.
- Sets up new computers according to their use purpose and ensure proper permissions are requested and implemented accordingly.
- Interacts with staff and students regarding status of computing on a daily basis.
- Serve as a liaison with IT to troubleshoot computing issues, firewall issues, computer setup/connection issues and other needs, and work with IT to find solutions.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient/skilled with various software programs and a love of technology and computing.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time, manual dexterity, and technical expertise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with individuals at all levels.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.