Search Our Jobs
Neurodiagnostic TechnologistJob ID 17951 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
Job Summary: In a career as an Neurodiagnostic Technologist, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region.In this role, you perform multi-modality neurodiagnostic testing on patients. Assist with obtaining relevant medical history, activating/recording based on clinical symptoms, and formulates technical descriptive impressions. Perform general office and reception duties as deemed necessary.
Schedule: Full Time. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Assists neurologists in the completion of and recording of electromyography (EMG).
- Performs and documents EEG neurodiagnostic studies in accordance with national standards and Boys Town National Research Hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs nerve conduction studies on patients followed by the guidelines and procedures of The American Association of Electro diagnostic Technologists (AAET) and Boys Town Research Hospital (BTNRH) policies and procedures.
- Performs nerve conduction studies on both common and uncommon nerves to aid physicians in the best studies to reveal abnormalities.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots physiologic and non-physiological artifact and technical issues, while recognizing normal and abnormal results to take the reasonable steps to obtain the best study on the patient.
- Cleans, replenishes, maintains and assures availability of instruments and supplies needed in the EMG/EEG Lab.
- Assists physicians as needed setting up for and during the needle examination procedure.
- Keeps equipment clean and in operating condition, detects instrument malfunctions and makes minor maintenance adjustments or reports the needed for major repairs.
- Utilizes the hospital information system/network to complete duties and tasks. Consistently completes paperwork, maintains files and processes information necessary for optimal service and physician interpretation.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with BTNRH and department specific safety, security and infection control policies.
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise and excellence in the field as demonstrated by membership in professional societies, continuing education, or other actions resulting in update of current knowledge.
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation to seek out ways to effectively complete assignments and responsibilities.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Takes ownership of the area to resolve issues or concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Two years of NCV (Nerve Conductive Velocity) experience with close supervision or medically related Associate Degree (Neurodiagnostic Technology program preferred) with at least one year of training
- Minimum of one year of EMG experience preferred
- Registered by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists, required
- BLS/ CPR certification required
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 8th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.