Search Our Jobs
MRI Technologist (part-time)Job ID 17567 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
The Institute for Human Neuroscience at Boys Town, NE is seeking out part-time MRI Technologists for evenings and weekends. We are situated in a newly renovated building just north of the west hospital campus near 137th and Dodge.
- Perform MRI scans dedicated to research
- Operate a 3T Siemens Prisma MRI primarily performing research scans
- Perform quality MRI exams, to acquire appropriate images per research protocols and accurate diagnostic information for interpretation by a radiologist and investigators
- Always maintain a safe MRI environment for research subjects and personnel. Perform safety screening prior to all exams. Collect information for possible safety concerns.
- Document all procedures and save/upload all images per relevant research and clinical protocols
- Performs complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of the MRI scanner in accordance with prescribed MRI safety procedures, including all patient screening procedures.
- Assures that for all scans correct patient, imaging site, patient positioning, correct protocols and scan parameters are verified.
- Positions and instructs patients for MRI scans using immobilization, support, and protective devices.
- Administers contrast media, if indicated; screens and educates patients regarding contrast media, possible reactions, and post procedure contrast instructions; implements emergency procedures in response to contrast media reactions.
- Able to successfully send images to PACS and demonstrate basic knowledge of PACS software.
- Evaluates MRI scans for technical quality, collates processed images, in sequence of exposure, and appropriately labels.
- Routes images and appropriate history electronically to the interpreting radiologist.
- Ensures correct charging of procedures and supplies.
- Participates in department performance improvement and survey readiness activities.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Radiology service standards.
- Graduate of an AMA approved, accredited School of Radiologic Technology OR Education in Radiologic Technology from an approved program in the U.S. Military
- ARRT certification in Radiography and MRI
- 2 years of experience preferred
- CPR Certified
- Prefer experience and/or patience imaging children
- Ability to work independently but also work as a team with Research Assistants and Investigators
- Successfully completes all required continuing education.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 21, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.