Search Our Jobs
MIS & Clinic Analyst (Full Time)Job ID 19049 Omaha, Nebraska
Boys Town is looking for an individual for the role of MIS and Clinical Engineering Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, configuration, implementation, integration and support of medical information systems and devices (i.e., third party applications and medical devices). To be successful in this role, you will possess strong communication skills, a solid customer focused background experience with managing projects end to end and an understanding of health care settings. This role will coordinate activities between Information Technology (IT), operations, biomed and application vendors to ensure projects and goals are accomplished. The role will also cultivate and maintain the vendor relationships for assigned applications.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Serves as the Point of Contact for assigned third-party applications between application vendors, IT resources, and operations for support and issues resolution.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards and regulations of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, and all other applicable regulatory agencies in collaboration with hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides support to all assigned third-party applications in production and non-production environments. Prepares documentation of processes and procedures for effective applications support and management.
- Collaborates with counterparts in IT, biomed, training, various BTNRH departments, and third-party vendor resources to implement and maintain application solutions, ensuring integration into the EMR.
- Assures compliance to the change management and governance processes. Ensures that change requests are vetted through the change management process and approved by governance.
- Builds relationships with business function partners, understands their objectives, and establishes trust and dialogues on how to support those needs.
- Enhances, maintains, and troubleshoots existing applications with limited assistance.
- Effectively communicates across business and technology teams to define project goals and objectives, solutions, and constraints.
- Assists with application configurations and problem and incident management to ensure IT service continuity and supply.
- Ensures all application issues, service requests and routine maintenance tasks are resolved and documented.
- Escalates and tracks resolution of users’ issues arising from application usage to the appropriate vendors.
- Other duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Familiarity with health information technology and related regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions to meet business needs with third-party software.
- Proven ability to write effective data and process documentation (including business and system requirements, business process diagrams and data flow diagrams).
- Detail oriented with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet established deadlines.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field, or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience in application implementation and support
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience managing project timelines, resources, deliverables and constraints
- Experience in Epic or other EMR integration
Sedentary to light work, having to occasionally lift using 10 to 20 pounds of force. Possesses audible acuity necessary for phone and verbal contact. Possesses visual acuity necessary for using computer and for reading charts, forms, and communications.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions, protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
April 19, 2022
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.