Manager of Clinical Technical ResourcesOmaha, Nebraska
- Leads the Technical Resources team in the implementation and/or support and maintenance of Boys Town National Research Hospital software systems. Works with other managers and clinical staff to assess the needs for clinical systems. Involves hospital staff in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinical systems. Recommends and develops changes to clinical systems that will improve hospital and clinic operations.
- Guides the team using MS SQL, Visual Studio, and other tools to troubleshoot, analyze, and modify clinical systems. Identifies, diagnoses, and corrects systems issues.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and documentation of database reports as needed using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft Visual Studio, Crystal Reports, and ad hoc tools.
- Oversees the gathering of requirements for, analysis, implementation and maintenance of interfaces and interface engines.
- Provides second tier support for hospital staff using clinical applications, serves as an ongoing resource to support medical staff with IT needs. Documents support in a timely manner.
- Coordinates activities with network infrastructure and administration staff as needed; Participates in identification and evaluation of new software and hardware systems.
- Updates technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses and reading manuals.
- Documents changes in clinical information systems per change management policy.
- Manages multiple projects and determines proper job priorities for both themselves and their team. Communicates priorities and status to customers and team members effectively.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards and regulations of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, and all other applicable regulatory agencies in collaboration with hospital policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with hospital leadership team to establish health information management structures and processes that focus on patient safety and quality patient care.
- Promotes the culture of safety and a non-punitive environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field, preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in a management role, preferred
- Five years’ experience in database applications development
- Ability to program in current Microsoft development environments
- Ability to coordinate across and with IT operations
- Position requires the ability to communicate clearly with administrative, clinical, and research personnel, and other users
- Previous clinical systems experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written language skills and ability to communicate clearly with administrative, clinical, and other users
- Ability to prioritize and organize a variety of tasks
- Excellent customer service skills along with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide after hours and on-call support.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.