Search Our Jobs
LPN- PediatricsJob ID 19651 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as an Licensed Practical Nurse, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide basic nursing care which includes performing routine procedures and testing, participating in patient teaching, communication effectively with others, and participating in decision making.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday, Rotating Saturday 8:00 AM-12:00 PM,
Location: East Hospital
- Identifies common and recurring nursing needs of the patient.
- Recognizes the need for and performs routine nursing procedures and testing.
- Assists patients to achieve basic health care goals.
- Identifies patient education needs, provides instruction or refers appropriately.
- Documents observations, actions, and patient outcomes.
- Performance Evaluation Criteria for Clinical Practice:
- Teaches techniques or provides information according to established program.
- Accurately and appropriately documents procedures and treatment in each patient's record
- Appropriately communicates information to other members of the health care team. Provides the patient and family with current and accurate information regarding the procedure and care.
- Provides direct care individualized to the patient's needs. Anticipates urgent or emergent patient situations and responds appropriately.
- Communicates with patients, families, and the health care team. Reflects understanding of the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates essential and desirable knowledge of and performance of clinical skills. Performs nursing assessment in commonly recurring nursing problems and takes appropriate action.
- Assists in developing new opportunities, tools, or methods of teaching.
- Participates in improving documentation and record keeping with appropriate assistance.
- Demonstrates patient advocacy which assures patients' rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
- Maintains current practice by selecting appropriate avenues for technical growth.
- Maintains accountability which includes efficient use of time and materials. Practices within medical group policies and philosophies.
- A Licensed Practical nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing and maintains a current state licensure
- One year experience in an ambulatory health care facility or a hospital and pediatric experience is preferred
- Must be CPR certified
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 22nd, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.