Search Our Jobs
Lead Food Service Worker -HospitalJob ID 18742 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
HIRING BONUS $1,500!
Job Summary: In a career as the Lead Food Service Worker, leads activities of food service workers in their assigned kitchen. And you join us in providing life-changing care to youths and families.
Schedule: Full Time. 10:30am - 7:00pm; or 6:30am - 3:00pm. Work schedule options: Monday-Thursday and Sunday; Or Tuesday-Saturday. Flexibility needed for staffing needs and weekends.
- Oversees food preparation and staff; participates in food preparation.
- Leads unit staff and assists them to ensure safety and sanitation standards are met in preparation and service areas; assists in training new employees.
- Ensures that workplace is in accordance with safety guidelines, following the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety policies, records temperatures of menu items.
- Prepares and serves food and ensures proper set up, storage, and service of daily menu items and/or catering orders.
- Completes the daily food production sheets and prepares reports; records the amount of food served, the patient count, and menu items not served.
- Reviews weekly menu and/or catering orders to ensure that necessary supplies are in stock and assists in ordering food and supply items to maintain an appropriate level of inventory for the operation of the work area.
- Maintains and records monthly inventory.
- Sanitizes and cleans kitchen and service area and equipment.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of previous work experience in food services.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on established work schedule.
- Ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete requirements of the job.
- ServSafe Food Handlers certified.
- Must be CPR (BLS) certified
Physical Requirements: Position requires moderate physical activity handling of average weight objects up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally; standing and/or walking continuously.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 8, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.