Search Our Jobs
Landscaper Grounds Crew - Summer JobJob ID 16930 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
Schedule: Typical schedule, full time, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. or 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
*This is a temporary assignment starting May / June 2021 and ending around August / September 2021.
- Maintains plot garden areas, including tilling, weeding and planting.
- Controls growth of unwanted species of weeds and grass by weeding, cultivating, and trimming.
- Operates and maintains grounds and landscaping equipment including hand-operated and self-propelled mowers, tillers, and water wagons.
- Participates in the production, maintenance, and clean-up of community horticulture and grounds including turf, orchards, and flower beds.
- Ensures appropriate seasonal care of campus grounds including roads, and flowerbeds; removes debris from sidewalks, roads, sewers, and turf areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance or agriculture preferred.
- Knowledge of a broad range of landscaping practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Ability to identify weeds and lawn diseases and determine proper application of chemicals.
- Skills in installation and maintenance of landscaping plants and materials.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- The worker is subject primarily to outdoor conditions in temperatures below freezing and above 100 degrees for extended periods of time. Exposure to inclement weather, dust, allergens, noise, pesticides, and herbicides.
April 7, 2021