Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Intermediate Software Developer AnalystJob ID 11432 Date posted 01/11/2018
TITLE: Intermediate Software Developer Analyst
CLOSING DATE: 01/31/2018
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
As our Intermediate Software Developer Analyst you will be responsible for coding, testing, and developing complex software applications to support organizational requirements. In this position you will also analyze systems to provide detailed metrics. You will manage, develop, and implement software solutions by researching software services and products offered by vendors based on requirements, quality, and price. Coordinating project activities with internal staff, computer manufacturers, software vendors, and other users to meet system objectives. Training end-users on new and existing software applications. Managing updates and providing technical support for software solutions. Evaluating software trends to determine appropriate software solutions to meet organizational strategic goals.
You will also evaluate, design, develop, document, and test software that meets system specifications and user requirements. You will do this by designing and recommending system modifications or replacements based on ease of implementation and cost. Documenting system design, format, and programs necessary for implementation. Meeting with end-users to determine appropriate system specifications and requirements; presents analysis, designs, and prototypes to end-users. Developing new software applications or modules using organizational standard programming languages and developing support materials including program documentation and operational instructions. Maintaining and updating existing software applications; maintaining coding standards and naming conventions. Testing application programs thoroughly by performing unit testing. Developing custom software frameworks to gain efficiencies when developing similar software functionality.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related area, or equivalent.
• 5 to 7 of years of experience, including programming and analytics.
• Ruby on Rails 5.0
o Comfortable with Ruby Gem landscape for project requirements
o Data Migrations
o Active Record querying/data manipulation
o SimpleForm/Cocoon gem
• Solid understanding of HTML/CSS, and Haml
• Automated Testing
• May require on-call work to provide additional support and may require work to be performed outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Knowledge of software development procedures, change management, and best practices; Microsoft skills.
• High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
• Ability to translate complex data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards and scope.
• Strong knowledge of SQL databases structures and of reading and writing SQL statements.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.