Hotline Associate - Part Time hoursOmaha, Nebraska
CLOSING DATE: Posted through March 24, 2019
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth? Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Hotline Associate provides a variety of administrative and operational support to the Hotline and to other Boys Town departments, programs and outside contracts. Answer main line for youth care and hospital services. Direct calls appropriately.
Part Time Hours: work 20- 24 hours per week (varied evenings or overnight coverage needed). Will require working either Friday or Saturday overnight shift.
- Refers or transfers caller to appropriate person or service in a timely manner and communicates relevant information to consumer regarding services, products, and other information.
- Determines nature and urgency of calls and activities that are directed to the department, categorizes calls and activities based on information provided, and responds accordingly.
- Documents content of contact into appropriate database and follows procedures for documenting information. Maintains database system, tracks usage of database and data within database, and updates system as necessary; trains others on database as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 6 months of experience preferably in a call center or customer service related environment.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed.
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
• High level of professionalism, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.