Head Varsity Girls Volleyball CoachOmaha, Nebraska
CLOSING DATE: February 14th, 2019 (or until filled)
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
- Recruits, trains, and coaches volleyball.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of seasonally appropriate volleyball activity in accordance with district and organizational policies and NSAA regulations as applicable.
- Instructs players on sport rules, strategies, and performance principles; coaches players to achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline of sportsmanship.
- Evaluates individual athlete strengths and weaknesses, designs and develops training methodologies to address strengths and weaknesses, and prepares players for competition.
- Plans and conducts practice sessions and physical conditioning programs to maximize performance and minimize injuries.
- Provides training direction and motivation to prepare athletes for competitive events and games.
- Trains players on utilization of equipment and monitors to ensure safe and proper use.
- Maintains complete and accurate records as required.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- May utilize a Boys Town vehicle to transport students as needed.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school
- A current Nebraska Teaching Certificate OR a Nebraska Department of Education Special Services Certificate for Coaching is required
- Previous volleyball coaching experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of volleyball coaching strategies and the ability to modify or adapt coaching techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of state policies, statutes, and procedures on education and coaching.
- Ability to deliver instruction in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional competence.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the use of a behavioral approach to motivate student learning.
- Ability to demonstrate concern and respect for individual students.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.