Search Our Jobs
Food Svc Delivery Worker BTNRHJob ID 19544 Omaha, Nebraska
$1500.00 HIRING BONUS!!
The Food Service Delivery Worker picks up and delivers food items. This position also assists with kitchen area maintenance.
Schedule: Saturday - Tuesday 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Loads and delivers food items; assists with kitchen maintenance.
- Reviews list of deliveries for the week; assists in filling and delivering groceries.
- Loads food for delivery and drives company vehicle to delivery location; unloads and sets up food at delivery site; picks up and returns equipment and containers.
- Assists with food preparation, serving, and kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and sanitizing as needed.
- Follows instructions on display of food and beverages as well as placement of tablecloths and dishes.
- Assists with receiving food and supply deliveries from vendors and restocking.
- Utilizes and maintains Food Service truck including checking tires, gas, oil, and water.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot kitchen appliances and cooking utensils.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations.
- Ability to transport and set up food and food service items.
- Knowledge of safe driving procedures and traffic rules.
- Ability to drive a box truck or similar vehicle.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience preferably including food services and delivery.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Able to obtain ServSafe Food Handlers certification after hire
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Moderate to heavy physical activity frequently handling of average weight objects up to 20 pounds and heavy objects 50 pounds or more; spends time standing, walking, and sitting.
Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, with exposure to weather conditions transporting food to and from vehicle. Also subject to exposure to extreme cold from walk-in coolers, freezers and extreme heat working with stoves, ovens and steam tables. Exposure to odors, steam, and cleaning solutions.
August 30, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.