Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Food Service WorkerJob ID 4489904 Date posted 04/20/2017
Food Service Worker
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2017 or until the position is filled
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town Nebraska is seeking a part-time Food Service Worker based in Omaha, NE. As a Food Service Worker, you will:
• Prepare and serve food as well as clean and sanitize kitchen equipment.
• Get a variety of tasks as you rotate through our four service positions on a weekly basis.
• Set up for serving and take down
• Restock and clean
• Be involved in all aspects of food service in our cafeteria.
The hours are from 10am-2:30pm M-F during the school year; summer positions available competitively. There are opportunities to work special events & some weekends.
We average 12 weekend events per year and we rotate staff to work those events
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous work experience in food service
• A food handler’s card from the Douglas County Health Department is preferred
• Knowledge of Federal Sanitation regulations concerning facilities, equipment, and utensils
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of dish machine, ovens, steamers, slicers, freezers, and refrigeration
• Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality standards
• Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.