Food Service Worker - On CallOmaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Food Service Worker – On Call
Location: Omaha, NE
In a career as a Food Service Worker your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
*This position will be scheduled on an as needed basis to help cover shifts anywhere between Monday-Friday, 10am - 2pm.
- Prepare and serve food as well as clean and sanitize kitchen equipment.
- Get a variety of tasks as you rotate through our four service positions on a weekly basis.
- Set up for serving and take down
- Restock and clean
- Be involved in all aspects of food service in our cafeteria.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in food service is preferred
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of Federal Sanitation regulations concerning facilities, equipment, and utensils
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of dish machine, ovens, steamers, slicers, freezers, and refrigeration
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality standards
About Boys Town
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: On Call
Date Posted: August 1, 2019
Job ID: 14008
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.