Food Service Worker - on callOmaha, Nebraska
Food Service Worker - On Call
CLOSING DATE: January 14th, 2019 or until filled
*This position will be scheduled on a as needed basis*
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town Nebraska is seeking a on call, Food Service Worker based in Omaha, NE. As a Food Service Worker, you will:
- Prepare and serve food as well as clean and sanitize kitchen equipment.
- Get a variety of tasks as you rotate through our four service positions on a weekly basis.
- Set up for serving and take down
- Restock and clean
- Be involved in all aspects of food service in our cafeteria.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in food service is preferred
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of Federal Sanitation regulations concerning facilities, equipment, and utensils
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of dish machine, ovens, steamers, slicers, freezers, and refrigeration
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining quality standards
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.