Business: Boys Town
***$1,000 Hiring Bonus***
In a career as a Food Service Worker/Cashier, your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: 8am-2:30pm Monday-Friday (30 hours per week)
- Prepares food or assists with food preparation as needed.
- Maintains proper HACCP food safety policies and sanitization procedures for service and for clean-up, including washing of dishes and equipment, ensuring food is properly handled and stored, and taking and recording food temperatures as required.
- Replenishes dining area supplies including as dishes, pepper, and silverware; prepares area for next service as time permits.
- Prepares the cash register drawer ensuring all monies are accounted for.
- Rings up items, accepts monies from the customer, and gives out proper change.
- Closes out the cash register at the end of the meal, fills out the daily revenue and cash sales sheets, and takes the money bag to lock services.
- Maintains supplies in the dining room during and after the mealtime including refilling paper products, replenishing salad bar, and monitoring the beverage area.
- Picks up trays from customers; wipes tables, and assists in breaking down the salad bar; performs light cleaning of the front area when called upon.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year previous experience preferably including food services and cashiering.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot cash register and kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations.
- Knowledge of basic math skills required to ensure accuracy of receipts.
- Ability to multi-task.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 14, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.