Search Our Jobs
Food Service Delivery Worker Full Time -HospitalJob ID 18605 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as the Food Service Delivery Worker,picks up and delivers food items. This position also assists with kitchen area maintenance. And you join us in providing life-changing care to youths and families.
Schedule: Full Time. 6:30am - 3:00pm Tuesday through Saturdays. Flexibility needed for staffing needs and weekends.
- Delivers food and paper inventory as needed to Food Service locations.
- Loads food for delivery and drives company vehicle to delivery locations; unloads and sets up food at delivery site; picks up and returns equipment and containers.
- Assists with food preparation, serving, kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and sanitizing as needed.
- Follows instructions on display of food and beverages as well as placement.
- Assists with receiving food and supply deliveries from vendors and restocking.
- Utilizes and maintains Food Service truck including checking tires, gas, oil, and water.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner. Ability to use and troubleshoot kitchen appliances and cooking utensils. Knowledge of food safety regulations. Ability to transport and set up food and food service items. Knowledge of safe driving procedures and traffic rules. Ability to drive a box truck or similar vehicle.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience preferably including food services and delivery.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on established work schedule
- ServSafe Food Handler certified
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 13, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.