Search Our Jobs
Executive Vice President of Program OperationsJob ID REQ-2023-2271 Omaha, Nebraska
We are seeking a highly motivated and visionary Executive Vice President of Program Operations to lead and drive our organization's mission of providing exceptional care and support to youth. As the EVP, you will play a pivotal role in developing strategic initiatives, managing operations, and fostering collaborative relationships with stakeholders on a national, regional, and local level. Your expertise and leadership will ensure the highest standards of service delivery and positive outcomes for children and families.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement strategic plans, translating them into operational blueprints that align with organizational goals and enhance the overall success of Youth Care programs.
- Program Development: Create and execute innovative programs, projects, and business plans that prioritize the mission, success, leadership, regulatory compliance, and relationships within the field of youth care.
- Budget Management: Oversee the development and maintenance of long and short-term plans and budgets, ensuring their effectiveness and validating their impact on achieving organizational objectives.
- Operational Excellence: Ensure continuous improvement and excellence in service delivery by providing outstanding leadership, evaluating outcomes, and advising senior management on enhancing program quality.
- Team Leadership: Attract, develop, and retain high-performing team members, empowering them to elevate their performance, expand their responsibilities, and contribute to the overall success of Youth Care programs.
- Strategic Communications: Develop and direct effective strategic communication channels to promote the organization's mission and engage stakeholders at various levels.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with other executives to achieve cross-functional goals and optimize resources for the benefit of children and families.
- Research and Evidence-based Approach: Foster a culture of research and evidence-based practices within Youth Care programs and services, promoting continuous improvement and staying at the forefront of industry advancements.
- Policy Development: Prioritize and direct policy initiatives that guide the mission and contribute to the improvement of practices and services in support of children and families.
- Knowledge: Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to youth care and a strong commitment to upholding the organization's mission and values.
- Leadership Abilities: Proven ability to work collaboratively with senior management, identify fiscal resources, synthesize complex information, and create strategic agendas to achieve organizational goals.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Excellent reputation and credibility internally and externally, with the capacity to network and build relationships with national child service entities.
- Communication Skills: Strong public speaking skills and the ability to serve as an organizational expert, engaging and influencing a wide range of stakeholders while maintaining confidentiality.
- Integrity and Passion: Demonstrated integrity, positive attitude, and a self-directed approach with a genuine passion for the organization and its mission.
- Team Development: Ability to motivate and develop leaders across all areas of responsibility, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Problem Solving: Strong conflict management skills to address challenges, align the organization to serve its mission, and overcome obstacles.
- Accountability: Clear commitment to ownership and a strong work ethic, with a willingness to take on internal and external challenges to drive positive change.
- Financial Management: Ability to develop and manage budgets effectively to ensure responsible resource allocation.
- Governance Skills: Proficiency in board building, board management, and governance practices within a non-profit setting.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, with a track record of successfully leading and managing youth care programs.
- Travel Requirement: Must be available to travel as needed and maintain on-call status.
WHAT WE DO AT BOYS TOWN:
Boys Town Services
At Boys Town, we provide an array of life-changing youth care and health care services that meet each child and family exactly where they are so they get the right kind of care, at the right time, in the right way. Whether caring for a child in crisis, treating complex health care conditions or helping families find the parenting resources they need, Boys Town is here for you and your family with expert, compassionate care and a proven track record of helping children and families heal and grow in mind, body and spirit.
Boys Town Research
Research is critical to our mission and plays an important role in the development and delivery of our youth care and health care services to families, children, and patients. Boys Town is internationally recognized as a research leader in hearing, language and related communication disorders and pioneering research in childhood neurobehavioral disorders. Through each of our research centers, we translate findings directly into the care we provide for children, families, and patients.
Advocacy for Juvenile Justice Reform
Boys Town believes that children should be treated as children, especially when they violate the law and enter the juvenile justice system. We believe in rehabilitation and redemption for kids, rather than punishment and incarceration, and advocate for fair treatment and practices that take into consideration a child’s age, developmental level and lack of decision-making abilities. Given the right interventions and support, no child is beyond hope.
- Free visits to Boys Town physicians under the Boys Town Medical Plan
- No copay on certain medications
- Boys Town’s Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development, community outreach and volunteer opportunities
- Parenting tips from our experts
Join our dedicated team and make a lasting impact on the lives of youth in need. Apply today with your resume and cover letter, detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.
Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Come make a difference in the lives of children and families as or Executive Vice President of Program Operations! This is a key position overseeing Boys Town’s flagship program, providing a comprehensive and unparalleled array of services to help children and families across the country.
Changing the way America cares for children and families.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.