CLOSING DATE:January 6th, 2019
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs.As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Electrician installs and maintains electrical wiring systems.
- Receives written and verbal information for each job order and selects electrical methods, material requirements, and supplies based on quality and price.
- Evaluates equipment or systems for hazards, need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on electrical appliances including toasters, cookers, dishwashers, and dryers.
- Replaces fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches.
- Identifies safe and appropriate locations to install electrical fixtures and wiring.
- Installs and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, and control and distribution apparatus.
- Tests continuity of circuits for compatibility and safety using appropriate testing equipment.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Completes service order forms, details work performed, duration, and materials used.
- Interprets diagrams or blueprints to plan new or modified installations.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport supplies and equipment to work locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent; 5 year vocational training program.
- 2 to 3 years of experience including electrical and construction.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support. Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Knowledge of a broad range of construction and remodeling electrician practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Skills in installation and repair of electrical systems. Mathematical skills to calculate specifications and costs.
- Ability to read blueprints and to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion.
- CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- State of Nebraska and City of Omaha Journeyman Electrician's license is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires moderate to heavy physical activity having to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance. Involves frequent walking, standing, reaching, bending, and climbing a ladder.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.