Electrical Services TechnicianOmaha, Nebraska
Electrical Services Technician
CLOSING DATE: February 25th, 2019 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Electrical Services Technician participates in the installation and maintenance of electrical wiring systems under direct supervision and control and in the immediate presence of a licensed Electrician. Responsibilities include:
Assists with installations, repairs, and maintenance of a wide variety of electrical wiring systems.
- Monitors equipment or systems for hazards, need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Assists with preventative and corrective maintenance on electrical appliances including toasters, cookers, dishwashers, and dryers.
- Participates in replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs, and switches and with connecting power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuits for compatibility and safety using appropriate testing equipment.
- Assists with the selection of electrical methods, material requirements and electrical supplies based on quality and price.
- Locates underground wires and feeders using underground tracker; may operate backhoe and trencher as needed.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport supplies and equipment to work locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training or apprenticeship is preferred.
- 1 year of experience including electrical and construction.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support. Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of construction and remodeling electrician practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Ability to read blueprints and to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.
- Skills in installation and repair of electrical systems.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
State of Nebraska and/or City of Omaha Apprentice Electrician's license or an application in process for a State of Nebraska and City of Omaha Journeyman Electrician’s (JA) license or Electrical Contractor’s (EC) license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires moderate to heavy physical activity having to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance. Involves frequent walking, standing, reaching, bending, and climbing a ladder.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.