Search Our Jobs
Document Imaging TechnicianJob ID 18392 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary:Under the direction of the Document Imaging Manager, the Document Imaging Technician analyzes and indexes patient documents into an electronic health record system. Documents are analyzed, based on criteria for each document type, to ensure the document is complete and properly authenticated.
Schedule: Part time
Requirements:Analyzes each document image in a batch to ensure the document is properly completed and legible. Batches are selected and indexed based on priority standards
- Notifies the scanner when deficiencies are identified, prior to indexing the document into the patient's electronic medical record
- Indexes medical records, school records, diagnostic test, etc. and correctly enters the data collected for each required field. Maintains acceptable production numbers based on batch types that are indexed
- Maintains expert knowledge of all document types (approximately 1,000) for each specialty clinic. Utilizes training guide and researches solutions to ensure that all procedures are followed accurately
- Accurately reviews documents to ensure document is properly authenticated and electronically send document to correct provider when authentication has not been completed
- Creates a task on documents when a workflow is required for a specific document
- Reviews own work for accuracy and completeness. Documents are indexed with high quality and completeness with a minimum of 98% accuracy rate
- Scans documents and manages electronic fax folders as needed using established protocols
- Performs specialized clerical duties associated with the medical records procedures
- Utilizes various computer application to perform role
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to analyze information and identify detailed information that is required to be collected for each document scanned with an accuracy rate of 98% or above each month and no more than 2 wrong patient errors
- Knowledge of medical record practices preferred
- Ability to perform work in a high paced production environment
- Ability to assess work priorities and implement appropriate action
- Ability to identify discrepancies and provide workable solutions
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral instructions. Actively seeks out advice when unsure of how to proceed
- Computer literacy. Must be able to adapt to new technologies that are integral to performing assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to treat information in patient records with strict confidentiality. Adhere to health information guidelines including HIPAA and TJC
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of two years Medical Records/Health Information Department experience or minimum of two years of office experience, preferred
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be very detail oriented and have good organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Medical terminology preferred
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: 11-22-2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.