Business: Boys Town
***$1,000 Hiring Bonus***
Are you looking for a part time opportunity where you can make an impact? Do you have a passion for helping others? As a Dispatch Associate, you have the opportunity to bring forward your passion of helping other people. You are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Evenings/Overnights with schedule to be determined*. Position is eligible for shift differential
*Anticipated to be 2 overnight shifts and at least 1 evening; Thursday 11pm-7am & Saturday 12am-8am
- Determines nature and urgency of calls and activities that are directed to the department, categorizes calls and activities based on information provided, and responds accordingly.
- Documents content of contact into appropriate database and follows procedures for documenting information.
- Refers or transfers caller to appropriate person or service in a timely manner and communicates relevant information to consumer regarding services, products, and other information.
- Informs supervisors and other appropriate staff of any problems with consumers or Call Center system.
- Collects data by contacting internal and external consumers, verifies, and enters data; retrieves data for queries and reporting.
- Maintains database system, tracks usage of database and data within database, and updates system as necessary; trains others on database as needed.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months of experience preferably in a call center or customer service-related environment.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- High level of professionalism, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.