Director of Internal AuditOmaha, Nebraska
DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT
Closing Date: Posted through January 13, 2019 or until filled
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Director of Internal Audit will work closely with and support the General Counsel in the continuous risk assessment process and in the development and maintenance of the Internal Audit Plan approved by the Board of Directors. Strong knowledge and understanding of IT and Healthcare Auditing is needed to be successful in this role.
This is a highly visible position that will work closely with the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and management of all aspects of the internal audit functions. Through a systematic and disciplined approach you will identify risks, monitor compliance with internal controls, evaluate whether such internal controls/governance practices are working effectively, and educate and train staff.
• Develops and oversees completion of the annual Audit Plan by prioritizing identified risks against available audit resources, ensuring the risk assessment is effective, collaborative and inclusive and analyzing results against the organization’s strategic goals, financial position, and the external environment
• Continuously monitors for changes in the organizational risk profile and/or operational environment and makes recommendations to modify the Audit Plan to accommodate management requests for additional audit and advisory work
• Coordinates audits with external auditors and efforts with accountants for financial statement and other audits
• Conducts, and/or retains outside auditors to conduct, information technology and cyber-security risk reviews and control assessments to ensure our processes related to information management are consistent with industry best practices
• Ensures management accountability of audit risk mitigation strategies. As appropriate, assist management in implementation of risk mitigation action plans. Monitors status of open management action plans providing regular communication to the General Counsel. Escalates concerns when risk mitigation efforts are insufficient or impacted by organizational or other changes
• Coordinates with appropriate personnel to resolve concerns related to business efficiency, revenue and expenditures
• Prepares reports and presentations to key stakeholders including executive management and the Board of Directors on audit approach, findings, and risk mitigation
• Conducts and/or coordinates training and education as appropriate opportunities are identified through advisory work
• Meets regularly with management to stay abreast of changes and emerging risks
• Maintains awareness of changes in auditing principles and practices and related areas in order to maintain professional competence
• Working manager with responsibility for the hiring, development, and evaluation of a team of internal auditors
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 7 years’ high level leadership experience, including extensive management and auditing required.
CPA or CIA preferred.
Strong knowledge and understanding of IT and Healthcare Auditing is strongly preferred.
• High level of tact and ability to communicate complex and potentially sensitive issues to various levels of management.
• Excellent presentation, relationship building and interaction skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
• Demonstrated project management, organization, and facilitation skills
• Strategic thinker with business risk awareness and outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.