Digital Marketing Intern (Boys Town Press)Omaha, Nebraska
CLOSING DATE: December 26, 2018 (or until filled)
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
- Assists with the completion of Boys Town Press Digital Marketing projects and initiatives.
- Performs keyword, hashtag, and search phrase discovery to assist in identifying power keywords to drive traffic.
- Assists with the optimization of social media and digital content.
- Participates in image updates and creation of graphics and banners to support media efforts.
- Assists in the development of articles and other content to support digital marketing.
- Conducts research on BISAC (book industry subject and category) codes and categorizations to recommend changes to BT Press backlist and new products to improve discoverability.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- College student (may or may not be enrolled in an internship program) or recent college graduate.
- Previous experience in eCommerce, mass communications, publishing, or book retail preferred.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize database products and internet to conduct research.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.