Custodian - EveningsOmaha, Nebraska
Custodian – Evenings
Schedule: Typical working schedule, Monday through Friday, 3:30 p.m. – midnight
In a career as a Custodian your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Sweeping, mopping, stripping, sealing, finishing, and buffing floors; vacuuming, pre-spotting, and cleaning carpets and upholstered surfaces
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and showers
- Maintaining an uncluttered environment; identifying and reporting possible safety hazards
- Closing buildings at the end of the day to ensure security
- Washing windows; disposing of waste and litter; removing marks from walls
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- Custodial work experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate manner
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of cleaning products and appropriate usage
- Ability to run necessary cleaning machines and tools
About Boys Town
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Date Posted: August 9th, 2019
Job ID: 13866
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.