Custodian - EveningsOmaha, Nebraska
Custodian – Evenings (Monday-Friday​, 3:30 p.m. - midnight)
CLOSING DATE: February 20th, 2019 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
As our full time Custodian you will perform general cleaning duties and monitor maintenance conditions in Boys Town facilities. The Custodian is also responsible for performing routine maintenance (e.g. replaces light bulbs) and reporting maintenance conditions to your supervisor in a timely manner. As our custodian, some additional responsibilities will include:
- Sweeping, mopping, stripping, sealing, finishing, and buffing floors; vacuuming, pre-spotting, and cleaning carpets and upholstered surfaces
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and showers
- Maintaining an uncluttered environment; identifying and reporting possible safety hazards
- Closing buildings at the end of the day to ensure security
- Washing windows; disposing of waste and litter; removing marks from walls
- Supervising and training student workers as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- Custodial work experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate manner
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of cleaning products and appropriate usage
- Ability to run necessary cleaning machines and tools
- Position requires constant physical activity often exerting 30 to 50 pounds of force, walking, scrubbing, bending, reaching, and pushing machinery.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003