Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Curricula Development CoordinatorJob ID 11628 Date posted 03/09/2018
Curricula Development Coordinator
Closing Date: March 14th, 2018 or until filled
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Curricula Development Coordinator consults, trains, and serves as an expert in the design, development, evaluation, and revision of learning products, programs, curriculum, and assessment needs. This position also coordinates with other departments to maintain, enhance, and create new instructor led and on-demand learning solutions for National Training and trains Boys Town Education Model curriculum to staff and clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and products quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and teamwork.
- Knowledge of computer graphics and design software and ability to use specialized computer software packages (such as Adobe, In Design, Premiere, Flash, Sound booth, Photoshop, Illustrator, Captivate) to create layouts and design.
- Ability to interpret the customer's business needs.
- Ability to build Web based curriculum based upon a sound understanding of adult learning theories.
- Ability to define appropriate learning technology, including multi-media, classroom, web-based, CBT, distance learning self-study classroom, self-study for results focused learning.
- Ability to utilize web technologies such as RSS feeds, Blogs, Wiki’s, Discussion Threads and Podcasts to further communication and social learning.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships and communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external contracts in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in parallel, often with changing requirements and priorities and to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Proven ability to produce quality solutions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Instructional Design, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including instructional design, multimedia development and project management; experience with Captivate, Camtasia, and Learning Management Systems is preferred. Experience with Boys Town Education Model and/or Education is preferred.
- Available to travel.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.