Job Title: Cook
Job Location: Omaha, NE
In a career as a Cook for our visitor’s center your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Prepares assigned menu items and serving line, sanitizes kitchen area and equipment, and ensures proper food storage.
- Prepares food for school the Visitor's Center Café or for the school lunch program, evening meals, special events, and meetings including cooking, baking, shredding, and slicing. Prepares kitchen and food for following day as needed.
- Cooks quickly, efficiently and according to menu and recipes.
- Takes and records food temperatures according to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety policies; records temperatures again prior to service.
- Ensures that food is good quality and is ready on time.
- Determines correct food portions; utilizes kitchen resources efficiently.
- Arranges food for service and serves food ensuring appropriate utensils are used for serving.
- Sanitizes and cleans kitchen and service area and dining room tables at lunchtime; ensures food is properly stored and handled.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of previous experience preferably including food services.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot kitchen appliances and cooking utensils to complete recipes.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations.
About Boys Town
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Date Posted: May 16th, 2019
Job ID: 13583
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.