Search Our Jobs
Cook Part Time (Hospital)Job ID 18608 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as the Cook prepares assigned menu items and maintains a clean, organized kitchen. And you join us in providing life-changing care to youths and families.
Schedule: Part Time. 5:30am - 2:00pm Monday and Saturday; 5:30am - 1:00pm Friday and Sunday. Flexibility needed for staffing needs and weekends.
- Prepares assigned menu items and serving line, sanitizes kitchen area and equipment, and ensures proper food storage.
- Prepares food for the school breakfast and lunch program, evening meals, patients, employees, customers, special events, and/or meetings including cooking, baking, shredding, and slicing. Prepares kitchen and food for following day as needed.
- Cooks quickly, efficiently and according to menu and recipes.
- Takes and records food temperatures according to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety policies: records temperatures again prior to service.
- Ensures that food is good quality and is ready on time.
- Determines correct food portions; utilizes kitchen resources efficiently.
- Arranges food for service and serves food ensuring appropriate utensils are used for serving.
- Sanitizes and cleans kitchen and service area and dining room; ensures food is properly stored and handled.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required. Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner. Ability to use and troubleshoot kitchen appliances and cooking utensils to complete recipes. Knowledge of food safety regulations. Knowledge of basic math skills required to ensure accuracy of recorded yields. Ability to multi-task..
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of previous experience preferably including food services.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on established work schedule.
- ServSafe Food Handlers certified
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 13, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.