Clinic SupervisorJob ID 15703 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Clinic Supervisor, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. The Clinic Supervisor is responsible for supervising nursing care activities at the ambulatory care clinic site. Creates a customer-focused environment for patients, families and physicians.
Schedule: 8:00 PM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Works collaboratively with staff, acting as an expert role model to improve the quality of patient care and patient outcomes as well as advance the state of nursing practice at BTNRH. Facilitates the development and implementation of Standards of Patient Care in collaboration with the Director, Specialty Clinics and/or the Director of Pediatric Clinic's, medical staff and nursing staff.
- Performs as the contact person for the Director, Specialty Clinics and/or the Director of Pediatric Clinic's, and will assist with administrative over site of clinic nursing duties.
- Delegates patient care, nursing responsibilities/tasks equally among the nursing staff. Assesses personal workload and adjusts priorities to help others. Supervises daily activities of the clinic nursing staff. Responsible for staffing in the Specialty and/or Pediatric Clinics to meet the needs of the clinic while controlling cost.
- Performs direct patient care duties to include obtaining and recording health history and other medical information, administering medications, completing ordered testing and assisting the physician in examination and treatment. Provides scheduling assistance and instructions for patients in regards to hospital admission, diagnostic testing, therapies and medical consultations.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a medical office setting
- Previous management experience, preferred
- Must be CPR certified
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 30th, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.