Search Our Jobs
Clinic Services Representative - Behavioral Health (Part-Time)Job ID 19700 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Clinic Services Representative, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you're responsible for coordinating clinic activities including greeting and checking in clients, maintaining schedules, document scanning, and insurance verification/authorization.
Schedule: Part-Time, Shifts Available 7:30 AM-11:30 AM and 1:00 PM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday
- Provides excellent customer service to any individual presenting to the clinic. Communicates in a positive and professional manner with client/guardian on any registration, scheduling or any other issue related to services at Boys Town.
- Processes incoming phone calls to maintain provider schedules, completes new client intake forms, registers new clients, takes clinical call information, referral requests, answers client questions, and assists with billing and insurance questions.
- Greets clients as they arrive, verifies, and accurately enters client information into the electronic record system (e.g. Epic), updates demographic and insurance information, scans insurance cards, collects copays, checks in the client in the electronic record system, and notifies the provider of client arrival. Confirms legal guardianship status when applicable, obtaining legal guardianship documentation and consents.
- Works with Medicaid and third-party insurances to obtain authorization for appropriate authorized services; communicates approved client authorized services to provider. Obtains and communicates accurate benefit information and eligibility to client and provider.
- Works with outside community sources to obtain necessary information for services.Scans correspondence and notes in proper location in client electronic record.
- Starts release of information requests in the electronic health record.
- Responds to emails, questions, or requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Registers clients in REDCap upon completion of initial appointment.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the clinic front desk areas, ensuring security of information and the area.
- Orders forms and office supplies as needed.
- Monitors client waiting areas to ensure a clean, safe, and comfortable environment. Organizes books and magazines in the waiting area as needed.
- Calls clients to confirm appointments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferred including in a multiple provider hospital, clinic, or private environment.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 6th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.