Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Chief Stationary EngineerJob ID 5355610 Date posted 08/11/2017
Title: Chief Stationary Engineer
Closing Date: Open until filled
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town is seeking a Chief Stationary Engineer to oversee operations and staff at the Power Plant. In this role, you will participate in budget preparation as well as hire, supervise, and evaluates staff. Additionally, you will operate and maintain stationary and mechanical engines including centrifugal chillers. You will perform preventative maintenance duties for power plant systems, and repair, remove, and install plumbing fittings and pipes. As the Chief Stationary Engineer, some additional responsibilities will include:
- Responding to service orders, determining appropriate repairs, and completing maintenance reports.
- Reviewing and updating maintenance procedures.
- Maintaining effective and efficient operation of the boilers, performing water analysis, and maintaining charts and daily logs of operations.
- Assisting in completing administrative duties, ensuring accuracy of master on-call list, and recommending improvements to production methods, working conditions, and use of equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Associate's degree or equivalent; vocational training is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including 2 years of actual operating experience; supervisory experience is preferred.
- First Grade Stationary Engineer's License.
- Ability to successfully lead a team of associates.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and may work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of a broad range of power plant practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Mathematical skills to calculate specifications and costs and the ability to read blueprints.
- Skills in installation, repair, or restoration power plant machinery.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.