Search Our Jobs
- Administrative Assistants Jobs
- Compliance Jobs
- Development Jobs
- Development Fundraisers Jobs
- Driver's License Requirement Jobs
- Education Jobs
- Facilities Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Food Services Jobs
- Healthcare Jobs
- Healthcare Nurses Jobs
- Healthcare PA/APRN Jobs
- Healthcare Physicians Jobs
- Healthcare RTC Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Physical Security Jobs
- Research Jobs
- Successful Futures Jobs
- YC Behavioral Health Jobs
- YC Common Sense Parenting Jobs
- YC Community Suppt Svcs Jobs
- YC Hotline Jobs
- YC Management & Admin Jobs
Certified Nursing Assistant/Nurse Tech ( Specialty Clinics)Job ID REQ-2023-1742 Omaha, Nebraska
$500 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Nurse Technician, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you're responsible for providing nursing care and support to patients under the direction of the licensed nurse. The cope of delegation may vary depending on the level of nursing judgement required for the interventions, the knowledge and skills of the unlicensed person, the method and frequency of supervision, and the patient condition.
Schedule: Flexible scheduling opportunities including Full Time, Part-Time, and On-Call.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Collects patient history.
- Performs measurements (height, weight, head circumference) and collects vital signs. Reports abnormal results to supervising licensed staff (RN or LPN).
- Obtains a complete and up to date medication list from the patient and/or parent/guardian. Reports changes and/or discrepancies to supervising licensed staff (RN or LPN).
- Documents all data in the electronic medical record.
- Completes appropriate questionnaire by age.
- Assists with collection of the following lab tests: capillary sticks for Hemoglobin, Lead, Glucose, Rapid Mono, Cholesterol, throat swabs for Strep, Nasal swab for Covid-19 (not nasopharyngeal), urine specimens for UA, urine Culture, and urine HCG.
- Performs testing for the following waived tests: Influenza, Rapid Mono, Rapid Strep, RSV, SARS/Covid-19, Urinalysis, Occult Blood, Point of Care Glucose, HCG, and Hgb.
- Performs EKG testing and transmission, hearing and vision screening.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Promotes a positive team environment. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, families, and staff.
- Attends required meetings and educational sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Enrolled in an accredited nursing program and have completed two semesters of clinical nursing courses or CNA certification required.
- BLS certification required.
- Prior working knowledge of personal computer and electronic medical records required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.