Campus Ministry CoupleOmaha, Nebraska
Closing date: Job is posted until June 25, 2018
Boys Town is searching for a dynamic Protestant Pastoral Couple with a heart for working with at risk youth on their main campus in beautiful Boys Town, Nebraska (Omaha). Provide pastoral guidance and leadership to the youth within the Boys Town community and the families entrusted to their care. The selected candidates must demonstrate a strong pastoral presence that fosters unity among religions and serves as a spiritual role model on campus. They will promote religion knowledge, literacy, faith development and conscience formation among Boys Town youth.
Provide Protestant pastoral care for the Boys Town community Organize and lead weekly and special worship and prayer services. Provide effective preaching for pre-adolescent and adolescent youth who come from variety of cultural backgrounds, environments, and faith traditions. Offer nonjudgmental care; putting the needs of Boys Town youth above personal beliefs. Integrate Boys Town mission and model into all pastoral services, preaching, speaking engagements, retreats. Identifies, implements and lead change necessary to increase Family Home youth and staff participation in church life at the Chapel. Ministers to people effectively in crisis situations. Assist in teaching a class at the Boys Town High School and Sunday School. Will be visible at campus events and activities, have regular, weekly presence in the Boys Town High School, Middle School and Elementary School.
- Bachelor’s degree from a Bible college, seminary, or equivalent. A Master’s in Divinity or Theology is preferred.
- Experience in pastoral ministry required. Emphasis on youth ministry preferred.
- Ordained minister required.
- Required to reside on premises to facilitate spiritual guidance to staff.
- Must practice the methodology of multi-faith ministry
- Must possess a straight forward belief in Jesus as Lord and the acceptance of the Apostles Creed or Nicene Creed.
- Ability and desire to work with troubled youth and to work in an ecumenical setting and to work in situations of stress and strain with crises of pre-adolescent and adolescent youth from troubled backgrounds engender or encounter.
- Must be able to serve as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan Boys home mission
Only one member of the couple needs to meet the above minimum requirements, the other position will function in an assistant capacity.
- On Campus Housing
- Annual salary for both Pastor and Assistant Pastor.
- Benefit package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, a 401 k retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.