Cable Technician - InstallationOmaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Cable Technician
Location: Omaha, NE
In a career as a Cable Technician your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Installs and maintains cable equipment and responds to and resolves customer service complaints.
- Installs network cabling within data centers and at remote communications closets.
- Locates buried copper cable and fiber and uses GPS Locator.
- Installs necessary CATV and CCTV raceways, conducts wire pulling and tests add termination.
- Diagnoses, repairs, and maintains computer network systems and wired and wireless network equipment.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs communications service problems.
- Plans and implements telephone service additions, moves, and changes directly with end-users.
- Installs, splices, and maintains aerial, direct-buried, underground-duct, tunnel and inside cable systems; may assist Electricians with installing data cabling, outlets, and connections.
- Assist Electricians with non-live electrical, and lamps and fixtures.
- Drives Boys Town vehicle as needed to complete duties of the job; travels to various Boys Town locations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 or more years of experience including working with installation and repair of cable equipment.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of cabling installation standards.
- Knowledge of building and fire codes that align with wiring responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards.
About Boys Town
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: October 3, 2019
Job ID: 14412
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.