Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Bus Driver- Part-TimeJob ID 11431 Date posted 01/10/2018
Position - Bus Driver Part-time
Closing Date: 1/17/18 or when position has been filled
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town- Omaha, NE. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
This part time position transports youth and staff in a bus. Varied Hours to include day, evening, weekend hours.
Coordinates and completes assigned transportation responsibilities according to regular schedule.
Performs proper maintenance and maintains cleanliness on transportation vehicles; completes reports of maintenance needs and safety conditions.
Monitors and supervises the appropriateness of youth behaviors providing corrections as needed; ensures that passengers wear a seat belt properly.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High School diploma or equivalent. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Previous experience including driving; bus driving experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL/School Bus Permit.
- Knowledge of State of Nebraska Vehicle and Driver Safety Guidelines.
- Ability to safely navigate a vehicle in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.