Automotive MechanicOmaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Automotive Mechanic
Location: Omaha, NE
In a career as an Automotive Mechanic your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Coordinates, inspects, and repairs campus vehicles and machinery.
- Conducts inspections and performs routine and preventative maintenance campus vehicles and equipment including automotive, diesel, hydraulic, electrical, and marine; repairs small engines such as lawn mowers and chain saws.
- Assesses work orders and determines appropriate methods of repairs.
- Maintains record of completed work, hours worked, and materials used; assists in maintaining parts inventory, physical inspections, and computer generated reports.
- Maintains shop facilities and equipment for maintenance repairs and safety.
- Fabricates specialty steel products including grates and wire mesh partitions.
- Analyzes vehicle systems through print manuals and computer-aided testing to determine appropriate repair.
- Drives Boys Town vehicles as needed to complete duties of the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in automotive mechanics.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if needed; this position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
- Knowledge of a broad range of automotive mechanic practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures. Knowledge of repairs to multiple makes and models vehicle systems.
- Skills in installation, repair, or restoration automotive vehicles and components.
- Ability to communicate with individuals in an articulate, professional manner.
About Boys Town
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: May 15th, 2019
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.