Search Our Jobs
In- Home Family Specialist, North PlatteJob ID REQ-2023-2191 North Platte, Nebraska
$3,000 Hiring Bonus!
Flexible, hybrid 40 hour/week.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources.
- Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service plan if applicable.
- Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to youth and families.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families for crisis intervention as needed.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling and respect.
- Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized, mileage is reimbursed.
- Prepares proper documentation and service plans in a timely manner.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Psychology or related field,preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. Must have the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.