IHFS Consultant / Family Case ManagerNorth Platte, Nebraska
IHFS Consultant / Family Case Manager
CLOSING DATE: January 14th, 2019
OVERVIEW OF BOYSTOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town is seeking an In-Home Family Consultant / Case Manager to serve North Platte NE and surrounding areas.As our In-Home Family Consultant you will provide in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model. Through the use of this model you will help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of parenting skills, independent living skills, behavior modification techniques, and accessing community resources and support.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be higher based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, or Federal/State contract requirements.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems. Knowledge of recognized interventions such as risk assessment and crisis intervention in order to address identified service needs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
- Ability to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with youth, staff, and support agencies.
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers available in the geographical area; knowledge of the functions and services of the community organizations and related human services.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Boys Town model and fidelity of care.
*Individuals in this position also show interest in: social work, family advocacy, wrap-around services, foster care, case planning, case management, mental health, psychology, sociology, human services, CASA, social services, criminal justice, criminology, and education.*
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.