Family Case Manager / In Home ConsultantNorth Platte, Nebraska
Job Title: In-Home Family Services Consultant / Family Case Manager
Location: North Platte, NE
In a career as a In-Home Family Services Consultant, you have the ability to change a child’s life. In this position you will be working with families and provide in-home intervention utilizing a skill based, solution focused model to help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques accessing community resources and support.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Educates families on the needs of good physical health, quality medical attention and preventive health care.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; supervisory experience is preferred; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support and must be available to work outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Solid understanding of the philosophy and function of public assistance and social services systems. Knowledge of recognized interventions such as risk assessment and crisis intervention in order to address identified service needs.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
About Boys Town Central Nebraska
Boys Town’s programs in Central Nebraska began in 1989 to help bring effective care to children and families. The site provides four important levels of service to youth and families across the Central Nebraska region that include Intervention and Assessment, Foster Family Services, In-Home Family Services and a Behavioral Health Clinic.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Nebraska. Unique benefits to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, career development and advancement opportunities within the organization. As far as work culture, we celebrate being actively involved with our communities. Every year, our team comes together for events that take place in Central Nebraska such as Harvest of Harmony, Children’s Day, All Hollow’s Eve, For the Love of Children, Project Connect, Child Abuse Awareness Month and Fantasy of Trees.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: May 14th, 2019
Job ID: 13366u
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.