Assistant Family Teacher-On CallNew Orleans, Louisiana
TITLE: Assistant Family Teacher - On Call
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town Louisiana is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town Louisiana is seeking an On-Call Assistant Family Teacher based in New Orleans to work approximately 8-20 hours per week. Hours will vary based on business needs.
- As our On-Call Assistant Family-Teacher, you will provide direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth in a safe and caring family style living environment.
- Working in conjunction with an assigned Family Teaching Couple, you will serve as an active member of the family home program team.
- Through the use of the Boys Town Model you will guide and teach youth appropriate skills and behaviors.
- You will use problem solving techniques to teach critical thinking and assist youth with behavioral problems.
- You will plan, participate, and provide opportunities for individual and family activities that are both educational and entertaining.
- You will provide youth with moral, spiritual, and educational development needed for future success.
- This includes providing emotional support, positive feedback, individualized attention, and empathy to build one’s self-confidence and respect.
- You will serve as a positive role model displaying and teaching moral and ethical behaviors, as well as supporting participation in regular religious activities.
- You will monitor youth academic performance and continually provide support for educational success.
- You will also assist with youth transportation needs, household upkeep, and the daily operating schedule of the home.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and preparing written records for household budgeting, tracking youth progress, and reporting incidents/behaviors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- To be at least 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, some college credits is preferred
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to pass a MVR Check
- Strong desire and ability to work with youth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and ability to work with children in a mature and responsible manner
- Ability to pass a thorough background check and reference verification procedure in order to determine one’s fitness to satisfactorily and safely care for youth
- Attend two weeks paid training
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.